Win, Place, Show and Exacta wagering is available in every race at Northfield Park. We have an early Daily Double (on the first and second race) and a late Daily Double (on the last two races of the card, usually the 13th and 14th). Trifecta wagering is available on every race! Pick Three wagering is available on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th races, except when we have a 13-race card. Superfecta wagering is conducted on the 4th, 7th, 10th and last races each night and can be wagered for as little as a dime! The Pick Five begins with race three and runs through race 7, while the Pick Four begins with race 8 and continues through the 11th.
Here at Northfield we also have many self-bet machines located conveniently throughout the plant. Simply deposit your cash or voucher and follow the easy instructions to place your bet. We also offer windows just for new customers!
When you wager, you are betting not against the track but against everyone who is making that type of wager in a particular race. For example, if you bet a horse to win, your bet goes into the win pool. Based on how much is wagered on each horse to win, their odds will change accordingly.
This is called pari-mutuel wagering, from the French term meaning "amongst ourselves." In this method of wagering, the public is betting against each other, not against the racetrack. In effect, the track has no interest in the results of a race. The track simply deducts a percentage from each dollar wagered for payment of purses, taxes, and expenses. The remainder of the pool (82% on win, place, and show bets) is returned proportionally to the winners.
Information is Valuable
Since you are essentially betting against everyone else, the more educated you are in your wager the better your chance of winning. Our detailed program allows you the opportunity to feel more confident about your wager by allowing you to make a more informed decision.
The basic wager is $2
You win if your horse finishes first.
You win if your horse finishes first or second.
You win if your horse finishes first, second, or third.
ACROSS THE BOARD
Placing a wager on your horse to win, place, and show. A $2 bet "across the board" would be a $6 wager.
Picking two horses to finish first and second in exact order.
Picking three horses to finish first, second, and third in exact order.
Picking four horses to finish first, second, third, and fourth in exact order. Available in ten-cent denominations to encourage you to take a chance!!
Picking the winners of two races that are designated Daily Double races. Wagers must be placed before the running of the first of the two races.
Picking the winners of three races that are designated Pick Three races. Wagers must be placed before the running of the first of the three races.
Picking the winners of four races that are designated as Pick Four races. Wagers must be placed before the running of the first of the four races. If there are no perfect tickets, 25% of the net pool is paid as a consolation to those with the most correct numbers, while 75% is carried over to the next racing day. Currently offered on races 8-11.
Picking the winners of five races that are designated as Pick Five races. Wagers must be placed before the running of the first of the five races. If there are no perfect tickets, 25% of the net pool is paid as a consolation to those with the most correct numbers, while 75% is carried over to the next racing day. Currently offered on races 3-7.
SUPER HIGH 5
Pick the top 5 finishers in Race #13 on each nights card. This wager is a 20 cent wager and if nobody hits the Super High 5, then there is a 25% consolation payout of the total pool and the other 75% rolls over in to the next evenings card
When you visit a mutuel window, state the following information:
 Name of track
 Race number
 Amount you wish to wager
 Type of wager
 Program number(s).
Example: "Northfield Park, seventh race, two dollars to win on number five."
If you are making an advance wager, which would be a race after the upcoming one, state the race number before the wager.
The most powerful handicapping tool in harness racing is available to our patrons FOR FREE!!
StatsMaster @ Northfield Park - Powered by TrackMaster
Click here for free access!
Exotic Wager Calculator - Figure the cost of multi-horse or multi-race wagers.